Tuesday 1 July 2008

Forward Planning

There's couple of reasons why I've not been excavating any further at the moment.

Firstly, the fact I've got a full time job and family tends to occupy a large proportion of the daylight hours.

Secondly Dave, who's been assisting me to date, has been off on holidays again.

Thirdly, I have had to seek advice from the authorities regarding any further works, from a planning point of view. Many people have said I should just crack on and not get them involved, but I'm afraid that I can't risk getting into any legal difficulties with my property over this. I don't live in the middle of nowhere unfortunately. In any event, I don't foresee that there will ultimately be any problems, just a slight delay.

Lastly, but perhaps most interestingly, the increased exposure of the story, by way of the TV news article locally, and this blog (which has now attracted over half a million hits in a fortnight or so) has led various people to get in touch with me, including several historians and other people who, either personally, or through family and friends, have information about the tunnel and the site itself.

I've already met with some of these people, but have other meetings planned for the next few days. Some of the information that is filtering through is very exciting indeed, and hopefully once I've starting sorting it into some sense and order, I'll be able to share.

No comments: